Kotatsu, the heater, table, and comforter combination that has been a traditional way of coping with cold has been falling in and out of fashion in Japan for centuries (yes, it precedes electricity by about 400 years)! Of course, electricity has made it really accessible even in Tokyo apartments but hasn't managed to solve the basic problem of its lack of mobility. For this, the answer comes from gadget maestros Thanko and its Kotanpo Personal Kotatsu KTTK23CBW, which takes the comforter and the heater part and combines them into something you can actually wear!
The Thanko Kotanpo Personal Kotatsu KTTK23CBW is basically a 45 x 30 x 110 cm (17.7" x 11.8" x 3.6 ft) sleeping bag that fit practically all bodies, covering the bottom part but with openings for your feet so you can walk around while wearing it. It has drawstring straps for adjusting the size and a zipper closure so you can get it to fit your body. When you connect it to a regular AC 100 V, 50-60 Hz power outlet, it reaches a temperature of between about 30°C and 45°C (86-113°F) (you can choose the exact temperature you want by going up and down in 3°C increments). If you're looking for a way to combine warmth and mobility, look no further!
Specs and Features:
- Hand warmer pocket
- Feet openings for ease of movement
- Detachable cable
- Drawstring size-adjustment straps
- Zipper closure
- Auto-off timer settings: 30 min., 60 min., 120 min., 240 min.
- Temperature settings: approx. 30-45°C (86-113°F) in 3°C increments
- Dimensions: 45 x 30 x 110 cm (17.7" x 11.8" x 3.6 ft)
- Weight: approx. 2 kg (4.4 lbs) (main unit), approx. 190 g (6.7 oz) (controller)
- Material: polyester, ABS
- Operating voltage: AC 100 V, 50-60 Hz
- Power consumption: 55 W
- Cable length: 230 cm (7.5 ft)
- Manual/instructions: Japanese