They are still far from what science fiction movies imagined them but robots are getting better and better at doing all kinds of complicated movements. And it isn't just the big, industrial robots: even robot kits, like the Tamiya Roller Skating Robot, are way more sophisticated than the models available even just five years ago. This one, for example, moves in straight lines and circles, using the opening and closing of its hips and shins that a real skater would!
And you can make it yourself! In the Tamiya Roller Skating Robot box, you find everything you need to make this little (127 x 150 x 145 mm, 5 x 5.9 x 5.7") robot come to life except one AA battery. You won't need any glue to put it together but a pair of nippers and Philips screwdriver will come in handy. After that, all you need is to decide if you if want to use the see-through blue casing that allows you to watch its mechanism as it moves, or the white one, and then set it on its course!
Specs and Features:
- Dimensions (assembled): approx. 127 x 150 x 145 mm (5 x 5.9 x 5.7")
- Speed: 33.3 cm/s (1 ft/sec), 1.2 km/h (0.74 mph)
- Comes with Tamiya 130-type motor
- 2 types of bodies: clear blue, white
- Required tools: nippers, Phillips screwdriver (no glue required)
- For ages 14 and up
- Power: 1 AA battery (not included)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese