Anyone who visits the Osaka area knows takoyaki, the fluffy octopus balls made on the streets and sold at festivals. Good Takoyaki is a source of pride, and it’s difficult to make on your own, but the Takoyaki Factory Ton Ton just makes it look so easy!
This apple red tabletop cooker fitted with a non-stick molded plate makes a dozen fluffy takoyaki balls measuring 4cm across, and all you have to do is sit back and watch. The Ton Ton is fitted with a motor that gradually flips the cooking takoyaki one by one as needed, ensuring flawless, even cooking.
The kit comes complete with all the accessories you need to get started (except ingredients of course), a pitcher for pouring the batter, oil brush, and picks for eating the delicious treat. Of course, you don’t have to use octopus! Just about anything can be put into the maker, from shrimp to chicken to cheese.
The Takoyaki Factory Ton Ton features:
- Size: 36 x 30 x 13.8cm (14.2 x 11.8 x 5.4")
- Weight: 2,970g (6.5 lbs)
- Power: AC100V 1,200W
- Materials: Cast aluminum with fluorine resin treatment (cooking plate and control panels); polyprene resin (border)
- Accessories: batter pitcher, oil brush, turning picks (5), cookbook (Japanese only)
- Cord: 1.4m (4.6 ft)
- Instruction manual: Japanese only
- Ingredients sold separately