Takeo Tokyo is known for its unique take on snacks: spiders, scorpions, and bugs of all kinds have been carefully prepared and offered for those who feel brave enough to try. If that's you, you can do a quick search here at Japan Trend Shop for what's available! If you would like to test the waters but prefer something a little easier, the Takeo Tokyo Hard Bug Pasta Snacks are made exactly for you: they have just the right amount of bugs to keep things interesting!
Takeo Tokyo Hard Bug Pasta Snacks are basically crispy pasta in three flavors (the citric-spicy yuzu shichimi, onion garlic, and the thicker "rich cricket" variety). The difference is that the mix contains, besides semolina, a powder made from 80 dried house crickets. So choose your favorite flavor (yuzu is a Japanese citrus fruit and shichimi is a blend of seven different spices - very popular in Japan) and explore how it blends with the raw, natural taste of the crickets. Even if the taste doesn't immediately win you over, your body will thank you for the protein boost (about 25 g, or 0.8 oz, for 100 grams, 3.5 oz).
The Takeo Tokyo Hard Bug Pasta Snacks feature:
- 3 flavors: Yuzu Shichimi, Onion Garlic, Rich Cricket
- Contains: durum wheat semolina, 80 house crickets, rice bran oil, salt, dextrin, sugar, pepper, vitamin E, garlic, onion powder, soy sauce, red pepper, white sesame, dried citrus peel, green laver (aonori), yuzu, Japanese pepper, etc.
- Weight: 41 g (1.4 oz)
- Store away from direct sunlight and high temperature and humidity
- Best consumed within 1-2 months from production date
- Nutritional value (per 100 g/3.5 oz): energy, 453-458 kcal, protein 24.4-25.4 g (0.8 oz), fat 15.1-15.8 g (0.5 oz), carbohydrates 53.6-55 g (1.9 oz), salt 1.8-2.4 g (0.08 oz)
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to prepare/cook)
0.15Kg / 0.33lbs