Japan is famous for its weird and wonderful insects, which are also well known to contain more protein than beef. This Takeo Tokyo Giant Water Bug Cider was created in Japan for anyone curious about the nutritional benefits of insects without wanting the terrible taste. Lethocerus deyrollei, known as tagame locally, is a type of giant water bug with a naturally fruity flavor. Insect snack specialists Takeo Tokyo produced its own extract to create this unique cider soft drink. It's delicious to drink by itself or you can try mixing it with other drinks or even cocktails. This is a great beverage to serve at parties for some insect fun with friends and family.
The Takeo Tokyo Giant Water Bug Cider features:
- 3 bottles, 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) each
- Ingredients: sugars, Lethocerus deyrollei giant water bug extract (0.3%), carbonic acid, fragrance, acidulant, vitamin C, etc.
- 41 kcal per 100 ml (3.4 fl oz)
- Best consumed from around 1 month from production date
- Only contains an extract of the insect (no actual bug inside the drink)
- Store away from direct sunlight, high temperatures, and humid conditions
- Not recommended for people with shrimp or shellfish allergies
- Images show serving suggestions only