OK, Japanese cuisine is much more than just sushi but the truth is that remains one of the most popular dishes in the Land of the Rising Sun. So much so that pretty much all supermarkets have a special section dedicated to it - and you can also find all kinds of fun sushi-themed items. Among these, the Sushi Candles set really stands out due to the quality and attention to detail. Admit it: even in the close-up pictures, if not for the wick, could you tell this isn't real sushi?
The superbly crafted Sushi Candles come in a round box like those used by sushi-ya restaurants for takeout dishes and the set consists of the eight of the most popular sushi choices: tuna (red akami and pink otoro), egg (tamago), shrimp (ebi), salmon, amberjack (hamachi), urchin (uni), and salmon roe (ikura). To complete the set, there is a small plate (a real one!) with replica ginger and a small bottle of soy sauce. As proof of your love for Japanese cuisine or as a conversation piece, this set is a real winner!
The Sushi Candles features:
- Sushi: tuna (akami and otoro), egg (tamago), shrimp (ebi), salmon, amberjack (hamachi), salmon roe (ikura), urchin (uni)
- Also includes: plate with ginger (gari), bottle of soy sauce
- Candles dimensions: 31 x 8 x 32 mm (1.2 x 0.3 x 1.2")
- Plate dimensions: 92 x 22 mm (3.6 x 0.8")
- Box dimensions: 220 x 50 mm (8.6 x 1.9")
- Weight: 420 g (14.8 oz)
- Materials: paraffin (standard candle materials), ceramic
- Black plate not included
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to understand)