They started as one of those crazy ideas that only the Japanese would think but wearable air-conditioning devices have become a big thing in Japan. You want proof? How about Sony jumping in and offering one that works for both warming and cooling? It's the Sony Reon Pocket 4 Wearable Temperature Controller and if you're looking for something you can use the whole year round, and that won't make you look like something out of a science fiction movie, look no further!
At approximately 55 x 117 x 23 mm (2.2 x 4.6 x 0.9"), the Sony Reon Pocket 4 Wearable Temperature Controller is so discreet only you will now you are wearing it. It clips on your collar at the back of your neck (or on your pocket if you prefer it there) and its stainless steel plate either cools or warms you to a temperature between 5 and 40°C (41 and 104°F). Depending on the setting, on a full charge it work for up to nine hours for cooling and up to eight hours for warming, and you can even control it on your smartphone through Bluetooth!
Specs and Features:
- Temperatures: 5-40°C (41-104°F)
- Modes: Smart Cool, Smart Cool & Smart Warm, Smart Warm, Manual, Auto, My Mode, Web Mode, Golf Mode, Auto Start/Stop
- Warm/cool levels: 4
- Duration/level (warm): approx. 8 hours (level 1), approx. 6 hours (level 2), approx. 5 hours (level 3), approx. 4 hours (level 4)
- Duration/level (cool): approx. 9 hours (level 1), approx. 8 hours (level 2), approx. 7 hours (level 3), approx. 4 hours (level 4)
- Dimensions: approx. 55 x 117 x 23 mm (2.2 x 4.6 x 0.9")
- Weight: approx. 109 g (3.8 oz)
- Power: internal lithium-ion battery
- Charging time: approx. 170 mins.
- Charging cable: USB Type-C
- Communication system: Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy
- Compatible OS: Android 8 and over, iOS 13 and over
- Comes with pocket tag, and neck band
- Instructions/manual: Japanese
US$ 33US$ 20 )