The classic Japanese breakfast used to be rice, grilled fish, miso soup, and natto fermented soybeans but nowadays if you ask 10 Japanese what they eat in the morning, at least eight of them will reply "toast." Hence the proliferation of toaster ovens, or "oven toasters" in Japanese (because, you know, Japanese), of which the siroca ST-231 Compact Toaster Oven is a very fine example. This small (35 x 36 x 24 cm/13.7 x 14.1 x 9.4") box packs a mean toast. Or to be exact, four of them!
A marvel of ergonomic Japanese design, the Siroca ST-231 Compact Toaster Oven utilizes all the available space, allowing you to make either four slices of toast or even four two-slice sandwiches. You can adjust its temperature from 80°C to 250°C (176°F to 482°F), it has a timer that goes up to 30 minutes, and it even has an index on the front showing the temperature and recommended times for all the usual suspects: toast, pizza, gratin dishes, cookies, and more. For warming up things the delicious way or even for cooking, this is one of the best "oven toasters" you can get in Japan!
Specs and Features:
- Temperature: 80-250°C (176-482°F)
- Timer: up to 30 min.
- Slices: up to 4
- Outer dimensions: approx. 35 x 36 x 24 cm (13.7 x 14.1 x 9.4")
- Inner dimensions (between gridiron and heater): approx. 28 x 27 x 8 cm (11 x 10.6 x 3.1")
- Tray dimensions: approx 25 x 24 cm (9.8 x 9.4")
- Power supply: AC 100V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 1,200 W
- Power cord length: approx. 1 m (3.2 ft)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese