It might sound a little frightening at first but moxibustion - burning mugwort leaves and using their heat to warm various points of the body called tsubo - is as old as acupuncture and is based on the same idea. Triggering these tsubo points improves circulation of blood and vital energy (ki in Japanese) and helps alleviate pain and maintain better overall health. The Sennen Moxibustion Knee Set is a great toolbox for an introduction to the world of moxibustion.
The "knee" part of Sennen Moxibustion Knee Set's name comes from the included DVD that helps you find the tsubo for knee pains, arguably the most common lower body pains. When you do, you can use any of the included products (the 80 standard moxibustion self-adhesive mini-sticks, 50 smokeless mini-sticks, or the 30 non-burning self-adhesive patches) to get relief from knee pain. Of course, you can also use all of them for all kinds of pains, anywhere on your body. At home or out, these easy-to-use moxibustion tools help you get rid of pains and feel healthier in the most natural way!
The Sennen Moxibustion Knee Set features:
- Contains DVD (Japanese language) with guidance for locating knee-pain pressure points
- Non-burning moxibustion self-adhesive patches (x 30)
- Non-burning moxibustion self-adhesive patches duration: about three hours
- Non-burning moxibustion self-adhesive patches temperature: 40-50°C (104-122°F) (x 30)
- Standard moxibustion self-adhesive, smokeless mini-sticks (x 50)
- Standard moxibustion self-adhesive mini-sticks (x 80)
- Paper: traditional Japanese washi paper
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)