Stuck at home and watched everything on Netflix? How about practicing your Japanese and getting a dosh of enlightenment on the side? The Sei Sutra Copying Set won't guarantee the latter (no one can!) but it will certainly help with the former, since it allows you to write the 262 characters of the Maka Hannya Haramita Shingyo, one of the most famous Buddhist sutras, 20 times. And it includes everything you'll need to do it!
Two brushes, an ink stick, ink stone, weights for the paper, and even a small pitcher for water so you can make your ink as dark as you like it are all included in the set, together with a page featuring the Heart Sutra, a powerful text particularly popular in Zen Buddhism. Sit down, clear your head, and get lost in what can only be described as "writing meditation": your Japanese will improve and you'll better appreciate the art of Japanese calligraphy!
The Sei Sutra Copying Set features:
- Brush tip dimensions: 6 x 22 mm (0.2 x 0.8")
- Brush shaft dimensions: 8 x 157 mm (0.3 x 6.1")
- Water pitcher dimensions: 15 x 31 mm (0.6 x 1.2”)
- Ink stick dimensions: 19 x 76 x 10 mm (0.7 x 2.9 x 0.4")
- Ink stone dimensions: 108 x 80 x 15 mm (4.2 x 3.1 x 0.6")
- Writing mat: 480 x 285 x 2 mm (18.8 x 11.2 x 0.07")
- Ink stone box: 300 x 190 x 50 mm (11.8 x 7.4 x 1.9")
- Brush: raccoon wool, sheep wool
- Set includes: 2 brushes, 20 copying sheets, 1 example sheet, 2 paperweights
- Instructions: Japanese