If your house has a garden, you can compost your organic garbage and help unburden your town's garbage disposal system. But what happens if you live in an apartment? Or in a town where garbage is only picked up once or twice a week (like in most Japanese towns)? You obviously need a way to deal with your garbage and the Recolte Food Waste Disposer is one such way: an efficient, hygienic, and practical way!
With a plain appearance and very compact size (just 28 x 36.5 x 30.5 cm / 11 x 14.4 x 12"), the Recolte Food Waste Disposer won't look out of place in any kitchen – or even in a living room. It has a tank with a capacity of about 3 liters and is equipped with a deodorizing filter so you won't know it is handling your organic waste even when it's on. And it will need about 10 hours to convert about 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) of raw garbage into a dry brown powder that you can use as a fertilizer or throw away with your regular garbage.
Specs and Features:
- For raw garbage
- Deodorizing filter
- Processing time: approx. 6 hours for approx. 300 g (10.6 oz), approx. 10 hours for approx. 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)
- Dimensions: approx. 28 x 36.5 x 30.5 cm (11 x 14.4 x 12")
- Weight: approx. 7.5 kg (16.5 lbs)
- Max. capacity: approx. 3 liters
- Operating voltage: AC 100 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 500 W
- Materials: polypropylene, die-cast aluminum, activated carbon
- Comes with water tray, cleaning brush
- Instructions/manual: Japanese