Its creators asked for ¥100,000 on the crowdfunding platform Makuake and they got almost ¥9 million - that's how good the Poketumuri Hand Iron looked even before it was actually manufactured! And of course, it did because it is without doubt the most practical travel iron you will find. At just 91 x 66 x 122 mm (3.5 x 2.5 x 4.8"), it fits in the palm of even a small hand (and in any piece of luggage) and takes care of your clothes after any move - from a one-hour car commute to an eight-hour transatlantic flight!
The Poketumuri Hand Iron is powered by a USB cable and holds a charge for 15 minutes, enough to make even a suit look as if it just came back from the dry-cleaner's. It comes with a 200°C (392°F) heat-tolerant mitt to help you iron even if you don't have a board (the iron itself goes up to 160°C/320°F, so the mitt is completely safe) and in its pouch you will find a mist spray bottle to make ironing easier. Even if you are not traveling, this is a must-have item to keep around for that bad shirt day at the office!
The Poketumuri Hand Iron features:
- Dimensions: approx. 91 x 66 x 122 mm (3.5 x 2.5 x 4.8")
- Weight: approx. 315 g (11 oz)
- 3 temperatures/modes: 100°C (212°F), 130°C (266°F), 160°C (320°F)
- Battery charge: 5,200 mAh
- Continuous use on 1 charge: approx. 15 minutes
- Input voltage: 5 V, 3 A
- Charging cable length: 100 cm (3'2")
- Mitt heat tolerance: 200°C (392°F)
- Comes with iron plate cover, carrying pouch, spray bottle, charging cable, mitt
- Instructions: Japanese