Using salt in bath salts sounds like the most obvious thing in the world but there's a story behind the four salts in the Oisesan Bath Salts and Tenugui Set: the company making them specializes in products using high-quality mineral salt, emphasizing its use as a purification agent for the country's indigenous religion, Shinto. And this isn't just marketing: the company is based in Ise, home of Japan's most sacred of Shinto shrines, so in a way, putting one of these four bags in your bathtub, you not only benefit from the other organic ingredients they contain but you also perform a cleansing rite like those performed by followers of Shinto since the ancient times!
But the Oisesan Bath Salts and Tenugui Set offers more: together with the four 20 g (0.7 oz) bags, each with its own effect on your body and mind (relaxation, refreshment, healing, power & energy), you get a 330 x 99 mm (13 x 3.9") tenugui hand towel with Oisesan's logo and made of 100% cotton. Tenugui are also an important part of classical Japanese culture and have been used for centuries for everything from drying dishes to being props in kabuki theater. More than a set of bath products, this is a lesson in Japanese culture – and in a beautiful gift box!
Specs and Features:
- Contains 1 tenugui hand towel, 4 bath salt bags
- Tenugui colors: red, dark blue
- Comes in gift box
- Tenugui dimensions: 330 x 99 mm (13 x 3.9")
- Tenugui material: 100% cotton
- Bath salts: 1 relaxation, 1 refreshment, 1 healing, 1 power & energy
- Relaxation salt ingredients: mineral salt, grapefruit peel oil, orange peel oil, geranium flower/leaf/stem extract, bergamot fruit oil
- Refreshment salt ingredients: mineral salt, eucalyptus leaf oil, tea tree leaf oil, lemongrass oil, peppermint oil
- Healing salt ingredients: mineral salt, Italian cedar leaf/fruit/stem oil, lavender oil, Himalayan cedar wood oil, peppermint oil
- Power & energy salt ingredients: mineral salt, frankincense oil, lemon fruit oil, rosemary leaf oil, patchouli oil
- Bath salts weight: 20 g (0.7 oz)