If you were asked to pick one thing that best characterizes Totoro, the forest spirit that has given its name to Hayao Miyazaki's most popular anime, you would probably say his belly, the furry brownish stomach that Mei uses as a mattress in one of the film's most adorable scenes. So the moment you see the fur covering the My Neighbor Totoro Porter Tool Bag, you instantly know the inspiration – even if you don't immediately notice the exterior illustrated with a scene from the classic film!
But it isn't just that it looks like Totoro's belly: the My Neighbor Totoro Porter Tool Bag is a very practical 22.5 x 28 x 13.5 cm (8.9 x 11 x 5.3") accessory with four pockets on its outer side and one on its inside, suitable for use either as a shoulder bag or a hand bag, or, if you take off both its shoulder strap and its handle, as a big drawstring pouch. And yes, Totoro himself is in there, together with Satsuki and Mei – just look in its roomy main compartment!
Specs and Features:
- Official Studio Ghibli merchandise
- Collaboration with bag maker Yoshida & Company (est. 1935)
- Pockets: 4 exterior (1 zippered), 1 interior
- Detachable shoulder strap
- Detachable handle
- Main closure: drawstring and cord lock
- Exterior lined with Totoro-like fur
- Totoro illustration on the exterior and interior
- Dimensions: 22.5 x 28 x 13.5 cm (8.9 x 11 x 5.3")
- Adjustable shoulder strap length: 70-133 cm (27.6 x 52.4")
- Weight: 400 g (14.1 oz)
- Materials: nylon twill (polyester-cotton bonding process), acrylic fur