They might be considered a little old-fashioned today, offering mostly brewed coffee and Japanese interpretations of Western dishes like pasta and pizza. But back in the 1960s and 1970s, the kissaten (coffee shops) were the best way to spend your lunch break or have a chat with friends. The Mickey Mouse Kissaten Mug is a tribute to those coffee shops and, at the same time, to the world's most famous mouse – and the entertainment giant that created him!
The Mickey Mouse Kissaten Mug features a portrait of Mickey Mouse, his name in vintage Japanese lettering, and the word "kissa" (coffee house) in Japanese on its left side. All this is laid out on white porcelain, perfectly capturing the aesthetics and style of the late-Showa Japan. At 7.8 x 10.5 x 9.5 cm (3 x 4.1 x 3.7”) with a weight of 250 g (8.8 oz) and a capacity of 210 ml (7.1 fl oz), it is bound to become your favorite mug for coffee, tea, or any other beverage, at home or the office!
Specs and Features:
- Decorated with Mickey Mouse portrait, the Mickey Mouse name in vintage Japanese lettering, and the word "kissa" (coffee house) in Japanese
- Licensed Disney merchandise
- Dimensions: approx. 7.8 x 10.5 x 9.5 cm (3 x 4.1 x 3.7")
- Weight: approx. 250 g (8.8 oz)
- Capacity: approx. 210 ml (7.1 fl oz)
- Material: white porcelain