Small can mean big, especially when you have the expertise of Japan's most famous planetarium designer, Takayuki Ohira. The Megastar Class Home Planetarium is the latest creation by the designer of the Sega Homestar series and Megastar, certified as the planetarium able to project the greatest number of stars.
Ohira wants to bring the experience of his original Megastar into your home now, so he produced this stylish home planetarium, available in either white or black. Compatible with Bluetooth devices, the compact Megastar Class is lightweight, accurate, simple, and silent.
Despite its size, it can project 180 degrees in all directions around 1 million stars, complete with diurnal motion set to the 35th parallel north. The planetarium also comes with mood lighting that can create dusk, dawn and blue sky spectacles.
The planetarium comes with a stylish matching controller to program your star-gazing experience, or you can use your Bluetooth-enabled device. It is fitted with a timer with sleep and alarm clock settings. The planetarium would make an invaluable addition to any home environment, as well as a cafe or bar to delight guests.
The Megastar Class Home Planetarium features:
- Created by Takayuki Ohira
- Color: black, white
- Projects around 1 million stars
- Diurnal motion on the 35th parallel north
- Mood lighting: RGB full color dusk, daybreak, blue sky
- Light source: ultra-high luminance white
- Bluetooth: Version 2.1+ Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) Class 2
- Timer: sleep, alarm clock
- Projection range: radius of around 3.5m (11.5 ft)
- Size: 190 x 240mm (7.5 x 9.4")
- Weight: 4kg (8.8 lbs) (excludes controller, cable)
- Power: 25-35W, AC100V
- Instructions: Japanese
5Kg / 11lbs