The great 18th- and 19th-century painter Katsushika Hokusai painted a whole series of portraits of Mount Fuji but few are more spectacular than Fine Wind, Clear Morning, better known as Red Fuji, depicting Japan's iconic mountain cast red by the morning sun and set against a blue sky with white clouds. The Maki-e Mirror Red Fuji is a tribute to this unique work of art, while at the same time offering you the best folding makeup mirror available in the Japanese market!
A veteran of mirror-making (it has been in business since 1955), Osaka-based Horiuchi has patented a technology it calls Napure that gives the mirror the ability to reflect the precise tone of the skin as seen by someone else. This means that when you put on your makeup using the Maki-e Mirror Red Fuji, you are able to see yourself as others see you. And to get all the details right, on its other half, it has a magnifying mirror that shows everything three times bigger. All that in a handy 78 x 12.5 x 10 mm (3 x 0.5 x 0.4") case!
Specs and Features:
- 2 mirrors: regular and magnifying
- Magnification: 3X
- Magnifying mirror curvature: 600R
- Horiuchi patented Napure technology
- Dimensions (case): approx. 78 x 12.5 x 10 mm (3 x 0.5 x 0.4")
- Dimensions (regular mirror): approx. 74 x 109 mm (2.9 x 4.3")
- Dimensions (magnifying mirror): approx. 70 x 108 mm (2.8 x 4.3")
- Weight: approx. 110 g (3.9 oz)
- Materials: ABS, glass
- Handcrafted in Japan