Eve though they are also still active in other Japanese cities, geisha, and especially the young apprentices called maiko, have come to symbolize Kyoto most of all. Take one of those maiko, put her on a small curved bridge with a few cherry tree branches full of blossoming flowers over her head, and you have perhaps the most characteristic Kyoto scene ever! And one that's perfect for the case of one of the best folding makeup mirrors you can find in Japan, the Maki-e Mirror Maiko!
The Maki-e Mirror Maiko is made by Osaka mirror manufacturer Horiuchi, a company that has been around for over 70 years and has created a unique technology that allows its mirrors to reflect colors (and particularly skin tones) exactly as they are seen by a third party. The Maki-e Mirror Maiko's regular mirror uses this technology, which makes it an essential makeup tool. And to help you even more, it also features a separate magnifying mirror that can show you details three times larger than in real life.
Specs and Features:
- 2 mirrors: regular and magnifying
- Magnification: 3X
- Magnifying mirror curvature: 600R
- Horiuchi patented Napure technology
- Dimensions (case): approx. 78 x 12.5 x 10 mm (3 x 0.5 x 0.4")
- Dimensions (regular mirror): approx. 74 x 109 mm (2.9 x 4.3")
- Dimensions (magnifying mirror): approx. 70 x 108 mm (2.8 x 4.3")
- Weight: approx. 110 g (3.9 oz)
- Materials: ABS, glass
- Handcrafted in Japan