Germany and Austria are famous for their schnitzel but everyone who has spent more than a couple of days in Japan knows that since they discovered it back in the late 19th century, the Japanese have promoted cooking the tonkatsu (a thicker version of the schnitzel) to an art. Crispy, juicy, and not oily, the tonkatsu is as popular among the Japanese as it is among visitors and if you have already tried it and want to know how to do it right, the answer is: Elecom's LiFERE Convection Oven!
At first glance, it looks like a coffee maker but the LiFERE Convection Oven is indeed a mini oven (or rather, a countertop air fryer) that cooks your tonkatsu (or any other type of cutlet: chicken, beef, minced meat, vegetables, etc.) to perfection. It has a draining mesh that allows all excess fat to drain away (one of the secrets of good tonkatsu) and the glass container allows you to enjoy the process. At only 200 x 220 x 244 mm (7.9 x 8.7 x 9.6"), it won't clog your kitchen and comes in black or white, so it won't clog it visually either!
Specs and Features:
- Colors: black, white
- Timer: 1-60 min. (1-minute increments)
- Dimensions: approx. 200 x 220 x 244 mm (7.9 x 8.7 x 9.6")
- Weight: approx. 2.6 kg (5.7 kg)
- Operating voltage: AC 100 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power cord length: approx. 1.5 m (4.9 ft)
- Comes with draining mesh and rubber stabilizers
- Instructions/manual: Japanese