It's called Hinamatsuri (literally "Dolls' Festival") and is celebrated on March 3 every year, mostly by families with daughters, by displaying a spectacular set of dolls dressed in clothes worn at imperial weddings in Japan from the eighth to tenth centuries. The stunning Kyugetsu Dolls' Day Decoration Set offers you the opportunity to get your first set of O-Hina-sama ("honored doll") in a one-tier Shinnokazari setting that is ideal for domestic display.
Created by one of Tokyo's most famous doll-makers who have been around since 1835, the Kyugetsu Dolls' Day Decoration Set contains everything you need to create a fairy tale-like setting: the emperor and empress dolls themselves, paper lamps, tiny stands for flower vases, sake and rice cakes, mandarin and cherry trees, and an embroidered panel that is perfectly detailed. And with their dais doubling as a box if you want to do like the Japanese and store them until the next Hinamatsuri!
The Kyugetsu Dolls' Day Decoration Set features:
- Hinamatsuri display set
- Dimensions: 55 x 34 x 44 cm (21.6 x 13.3 x 17.3")
- Contains: emperor and empress dolls, lamps, sake cup tray, rice cake stand, mandarin and cherry trees, flower vase stand, screen
- Embroidered back screen and dais front
- Handmade in Japan by famous Tokyo doll-maker Kyugetsu
- Dais also functions as storage box
- Instructions: Japanese