There are plenty of pens out there in any color, tip size, or ink type you can think of, but if you are a real creative type you've probably found yourself having to compromise when it comes to exact shades or tip response. When you really want to unleash your imagination in ink, the Kuretake Ink Cafe DIY Pen Art Set is exactly what you need. Using the empty Karappo pens and the five colors included, you can create an almost endless number of color varieties to suit your artistic vision!
The Karappo (meaning "empty" in Japanese) pens in the Kuretake Ink Cafe DIY Pen Art Set are basically containers: you let their wicks soak in the inks of the set as they are or by mixing them, so you can get the exact color you want (available colors in the set are transparent, yellow, pink, blue, and gray), insert the cap at the end top stop the ink leaking, and you are then free to create. Use the tip direction to move between the color's different shades and fully express the images you have in your mind. Who said the Japanese lack creativity?
The Kuretake Ink Cafe DIY Pen Art Set features:
- Pens: 5 empty pens (Karappo model), 5 cotton wicks, 5 stoppers, 3 double labels
- Pen body material: PP
- Pen tip material: POM
- Pen tip diameter: 0.4 mm (0.01")
- Ink set: 5 25 ml (0.8 fl oz) bottles, 2 empty pens, 2 stirrers, 2 25 ml (0.8 fl oz) empty bottles, 1 mixing cup
- Ink colors: transparent, yellow, pink, blue, gray
- Instructions: Japanese, but easy to assemble and use
- Made in Japan