Fans have become state-of-the-art devices, from negative-ion engines to smart air-flow regulators and proximity sensors, there's no limit to what you can find when you are looking for something that can keep you cool in the summer. But there are times when you just want the basics: a good old-fashioned fan with simple controls, not too big but not too small and, if possible, with a vintage, 1970s design like those that came from Japan when it was beginning to flood the world with its electronics. In other words, you want something like the Koizumi Mini Retro Fan!
First of all, the size: the Koizumi Mini Retro Fan is just 252 x 200 x 412 mm (9.9 x 7.9 x 16.2"), making it suitable for as both a floor or tabletop fan. And then its operation: with three old-style push buttons, one for each of its three levels of airflow, plus a standard button for horizontal movement, and a timer switch going up to three hours, using this is so simple that anyone can do it. As for the style, it really looks like it has jumped out of a movie from 50 years ago!
Specs and Features:
- Air volume adjustment: 3 steps
- Up/down range adjustment: 30 degrees, 10 degrees
- Left/right range: approx. 70 degrees
- Auto-off timer: max. 3 hours
- Dimensions: 252 x 200 x 412 mm (9.9 x 7.9 x 16.2")
- Operating voltage: AC 100 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 32 W
- Power cord length: approx. 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese