It often takes second place to cherry blossoms or chrysanthemums but the camellia has been part of Japan's floral landscape from time immemorial, beloved for both its elegant looks and its oil, which has been used for hair care and, oddly enough, the blades of samurai swords. The Koharu Tobe Pottery Camellia Aroma Stones focuses on the elegance part, offering you a unique way to enjoy your favorite aromatic oil using two aroma stones shaped like camellia flowers!
They aren't really stones, though: as their name suggests, the Koharu Tobe Pottery Camellia Aroma Stones are ceramic items created in the Tobe-yaki style that has been part of the cultural heritage of Ehime Prefecture on the island of Shikoku since the Edo period. The set contains two stones, a red and a white one (pairing red and white is very characteristic in Japan, going back to the 12th century), each measuring 45 x 45 x 20 mm (1.8 x 1.8 x 0.8") as well as a 5 ml (0.2 fl oz) bottle of essential oil to get you started. The fragrance is, of course, camellia!
Specs and Features:
- Fragrance: camellia
- Contains 2 camellia-shaped stones (red, white) and 1 bottle of essential oil
- Stone dimensions: 45 x 45 x 20 mm (1.8 x 1.8 x 0.8")
- Essential oil bottle dimensions: 20 x 55 mm (0.8 x 2.2”)
- Stone weight: 40 g (1.4 oz)
- Bottle capacity: 5 ml (0.2 fl oz)
- Comes in wooden box
- Made in Ehime Prefecture in the traditional Tobe-yaki pottery style