It's not a pretty face – and wasn't supposed to be: Kinnikuman, also known Suguru Kinniku, looks clumsy and silly. He is a superhero who discovers he is the the lost prince of Planet Kinniku and needs to earn his throne by wrestling powerful fighters in a world reminiscent of professional wrestling, as chronicled in the manga of the same name. Almost half a century and hundreds of stories and tens of millions of copies sold later though, Kinnikuman's face has become an icon of Japanese manga and culture. And worthy of being represented on a piece of jewelry as spectacular as the Kinnikuman Ring!
Made by Tokyo jeweler Jam Home Made in collaboration with Yudetamago, the duo who created the original manga, the Kinnikuman Ring is a likeness of the hero's face in 925 silver with a thin red line under the chin rendered in epoxy resin, plus the Japanese character for "meat" engraved on his forehead. It's available in five different ring sizes (Japanese numbers 15, 17, 19, 21, and 23 – for US and EU sizes, see below). This ring is so well made and visually striking, you might want to display it as an ornament!
Specs and Features:
- Design based on Japanese manga/anime series Kinnikuman (Muscle Man) by Yudetamago
- Collaboration with Tokyo jeweler Jam Home Made
- Sizes: 15 (US 7 / EU 55), 17 (US 8 / EU 57), 19 (US 9 / EU 59.5), 21 (US 9.5 / EU 61), 23 (US 10.5 / EU 62.5)
- Material: silver 925, epoxy resin
- Special order: please allow 2 months for delivery