The somersaulting doll has enchanted children and adults alike since artisans began crafting this classic toy in Edo Period Japan. Now with the Karakuri Somersault Doll Kit you can bring this tradition back to life, with you own hands.
Employing a centuries old secret artisan technique collected from real Edo-period figures, the kit includes everything you need to create your own acrobatic doll (even the screwdriver!), plus a festive traditional kimono and a stylish tiered pedestal on which to stage performances. Moreover, with you pulling the strings, you can adjust the mechanism to control the velocity of the doll’s action.
While everyone else is puzzling how it works, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing the doll’s most captivating secret: this contemporary version can be assembled in about an hour.
Karakuri Somersault Doll Kit features:
• Includes: 1 doll, pedestal, construction kit (accessories, Philips head screwdriver), kimono
• Recommended age: 12 and up
• Package size: W160 x D123 x H212mm (6.3 x 4.8 x 8.3in)
• Package weight: 675g (1.5lbs)
• Actual size after construction (includes pedestal): W390 x D105 x H255mm (15.3 x 4.1 x 10in)
• Actual weight after construction: 450g (1lb)
• Estimated construction time: 1 hour
• Instruction manual: Japanese and English available