This Kagoshima Organic Mixed Rice hails from the titular prefecture in southern Japan, famed for its warm climate that is ideal for farming. Prepared by an organic produce maker Chikyubatake (literally, Earth Field), this mixed rice is available in three different varieties (black, red, or green) that you can mix with regular white rice to create healthy and tasty dishes. Not only will this add a "wow" factor to your meals, it also helps combat nutritional deficiencies in your diet. The mix is recommended for use with medium-grain white rice, a staple in Japan. First wash and rinse your white rice. Then add the colored rice mix and let it soak for at least 15 minutes. For the best results, cook the mix in a good-quality rice cooker. Even if you don't usually like to eat brown rice, this mix means you can have it all: nutritional benefits and flavor. The black rice has superb anti-aging properties, while the red rice is recommended for people with high cholesterol. The green rice is ideal for reducing cholesterol and detoxing your blood.
The Kagoshima Organic Mixed Rice features:
- Chikyubatake organic brand from Kagoshima
- Options: black, red, green
- Size: small, large
- Small: 300 g (10.5 oz)
- Large: 800 g (28.2 oz)
- Black: anthocyanin, vitamin E, Vitamin B, iron, calcium, etc.
- Red: tannin, polyphenol, vitamin, mineral, etc.
- Green: chlorophyll, magnesium, vitamin, mineral, etc.
- White rice not included
- Suggested serving: 1 cup (150 g / 5.2 oz) of white rice for 1-1.5 table spoons of rice mix
- Store in an airtight container in a cool and dark place, or in the fridge during summer season
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to understand)
- Made in Japan