Kabuki Actor Otani Oniji III as Yakko Edobei Wooden Collage Art Kit
Famous Japanese woodblock print handicraft set
Toshusai Sharaku is one of Japanese art's mysteries: he created some amazing series of kabuki theater actor portraits between the years 1794 and 1795 for the genre of woodblock printing called ukiyo-e and then disappeared, leaving historians arguing about his real identity (Sharaku was a pseudonym). The Kabuki Actor Otani Oniji III as Yakko Edobei Wooden Collage Art Kit lets you recreate one of his most famous portraits with the use of many pieces of differently colored piece of woods, all from trees that grow in Japanese forests!
As its name says, the Kabuki Actor Otani Oniji III as Yakko Edobei Wooden Collage Art Kit contains all the materials you need to make the titular actor's portrait as a collage. You need to provide the tools but these are easily available: just scissors, tweezers, a precision cutter, and some glue. Then, following the instructions in the set, you can cut the various pieces and stick them together. It takes a few hours but the end result is a 3D version of the portrait with its own 242 x 303 mm (9.5 x 11.9") frame, ready to go on your wall!
Specs and Features:
- Dimensions (completed): A5, 148 x 210 mm (5.8 x 8.3")
- Time needed to complete: approx. 5 hours
- Materials: Japanese cedar, Japanese cypress, Japanese hop-hornbeam, Japanese horse chestnut, yellow cedar, pine, cherry, zelkova, cardboard
- Tools needed: precision cutter, scissors, tweezers, glue
- Basic 242 x 303 mm (9.5 x 11.9") frame included