It's hard to believe that Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy, the first postwar sci-fi manga and anime series that defined both genres, is now 70 years old! But considering its importance to Japanese pop culture, it's not by chance that another institution that defined Japan's reconstruction of the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s, its flag carrier JAL, chose to lend its name to one of the most spectacular merchandise items that Astro Boy's creators, Tezuka Productions, have made for the anniversary: the JAL Astro Boy 70th Anniversary Titanium Watch!
With Astro Boy himself flying towards you on its face, the silhouette of Uran (Astro Girl), Astro's sister, on the seconds hand, a special mark on number 7 (to celebrate the character's seventh decade), and even Tezuka's other famous character, Hyotantsugi, on its crown, the JAL Astro Boy 70th Anniversary Titanium Watch is a worthy tribute to the creator and his creations. All in a titanium case with bands available in three sizes, an automatic mechanism that is good for up to 40 hours, and a special Astro Boy theme box!
Specs and Features:
- JAL-Tezuka Productions collaboration
- Sizes: S, M, L
- Case dimensions: approx. 48 x 44 x 11 mm (1.8 x 1.7 x 0.4")
- Band dimensions: S approx. 15.5 cm (6.1"), M approx. 17.5 cm (6.8"), L approx. 19.5 cm (7.6")
- Weight (L): approx. 94 g (3.3 oz)
- Movement: automatic
- Accuracy: -25/+35 secs. per day
- Water resistance: 3 ATM
- Operating time on full charge: max. 40 hours
- Materials: titanium, stainless steel, mineral-tempered
- Comes with special Astro Boy box
- Instructions/manual: Japanese