Most people know its pure and super-expensive version used in the tea ceremony, but matcha green tea is one of the most widely used flavors in Japanese sweets and, much to the dismay of tea ceremony masters, has become a staple in coffee shops, too. No, not the plain "just add hot water and whisk" matcha used in the tea ceremony but one resembling Italian coffee. And this unique fusion is exactly what Ito Kyuemon Uji Matcha Green Tea Espresso brings to your (coffee) table.
One box of the Ito Kyuemon Uji Matcha Green Tea Espresso contains 18 single-serve "sticks" of delicious matcha green tea from Kyoto's renowned Uji area, complemented by nondairy creamer and nonfat milk. Like its more traditional cousin, you need only add hot water. But you don't have to prepare the drink with an elegant, handmade 100-tip bamboo whisk! No, just stir with a regular spoon and enjoy an amazing shot of thick creamy matcha that could, ahem, match any good latte.
The Ito Kyuemon Uji Matcha Green Tea Espresso features:
- From top tea grower Ito Kyuemon (Itohkyuemon)
- 18 single-serve sticks
- Dimensions: 5.6 x 12.8 x 15 cm (2.2 x 5 x 5.9")
- Weight (per stick stick): 12 g (0.4 oz)
- Best consumed: by 45 days from production date
- Contains: nondairy creamer, sugar, powdered nonfat milk, lactose, vegetable fat, Uji matcha green tea, fructose
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to prepare)
- Made in Japan