The cliche says that the Japanese are not original thinkers but when it comes to matters of taste, they will try anything and the Ishimaru Sanuki Cha-udon are one such fine example. Coming from one of Japan's most famous noodle makers, Ishimaru, these udon noodles are made in the "sanuki" style, a specialty of the Kagawa area on the island of Shikoku. They also have a secret ingredient added to the dough: green tea, guaranteed to turn some heads when they are served.
The surprise doesn't end with their looks: because Ishimaru uses sencha tea from the Takase area of Shikoku, which produces some of Japan's best tea, the taste is incredible! The tea's flavor and fragrance is quite distinct – but not intrusive - it goes well with all the usual udon toppings (scallions, tempura fritters, abura-age tofu, etc) and leaves the mouth wonderfully refreshed. If you thought that all udon noodles are the same, Ishimaru Sanuki Cha-udon will definitely change your mind!
The Ishimaru Sanuki Cha-udon features:
- Made by Ishimaru, a Shikoku noodle maker with a history going back over a century
- Includes three packets of 220g (7.7 oz) for a total of 6 servings
- Contains high-quality Takase green tea, wheat flour, starch, salt
- Easy to prepare: just boil for 5 minutes
- Image is serving suggestion only
- Made in Japan