Everyone has heard how small and packed with stuff Tokyo homes are, but when you see something like House Wooden Pot Stand, you realize that sometimes there isn't enough room to even place a pot mat! As always, Japanese designers have managed to come up with a solution that is compact (i.e., folding), original (ditto), and also includes a touch of environmentalism (i.e., organic materials) and a little humor (i.e., the building shape when the mat is folded).
The House Wooden Pot Stand in four colors, depending on the wood used (black cherry, maple, walnut, or beech) and, when unfolded, it becomes a cross-style mat or stand that can accommodate a variety of pots from standard tea and coffee pots to larger cooking pots/pans and other utensils. It is equally at home in the kitchen or on the dinner table. When its shift is over, it can be folded again to double as a decorative little house with a roof and windows that you can hang from its leather cord: simple, beautiful, and practical!
The House Wooden Pot Stand features:
- Stand/mat for coffee/tea pots, cooking pots/pans, cooking utensils, etc.
- Color: black cherry, maple, walnut, beech
- Material: natural wood, leather and nylon (cord)
- Dimensions (open): 22 x 22 x 1.5 cm (8.6 x 8.6 x 0.6")
- Dimensions (closed): 3.2 x 3.2 x 11 cm (1.2 x 1.2 x 4.3")
- Made in Japan