Let's face it: our level of interest in something varies depending on proximity. We care more about our neighborhood, our town, or our country than we do for a place that is further away and this is as true literally as it is metaphorically: the galaxy is exciting but our solar system is our "hood," so to speak, and that's why the Homestar Classic Solar System is even more exciting. Because it brings it into our living room - Sun, planets big and small, satellites, and all!
Like all the home planetariums in Sega Toy's bestselling Homestar series, the Homestar Classic Solar System is so compact it can fit in any room. It's also very easy to operate but also very precise - as you would expect from something designed in collaboration with Takayuki Ohira, the creator of the Megastar planetarium. It offers two main views: one of the solar system on a starry sky and one of the solar system as seen from the Voyager 2 space probe on July 23, 2021, when the probe will be 19 billion kilometers (11.8 billion miles) away from the earth. If this isn't enough to take your breath away, the spectacular sight, definitely will!
The Homestar Classic Solar System features:
- Color: gold
- Timer: 15, 30, 60 minutes
- Optical planetarium projector capable of projecting up to 60,000 stars
- 2 discs: solar system on a starry sky; solar system as seen from Voyager 2 space probe on July 23, 2021
- Diurnal motion switch
- Angle/pint adjustment
- Dimensions: 159 x 167 x 151 mm (6 x 7 x 6")
- For ages 15 and above
- Power: AC adapter (included)
- Materials: ABS, PC, PVC, iron, glass, acrylic
- Solar system version of the Homestar Classic home planetarium projector
- Produced by creator of Megastar planetarium, Takayuki Ohira
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to operate)