Even people not especially interested in Japanese history, the samurai, and their battles love Himeji Castle. Located in a field in the city of Himeji in Hyogo Prefecture and the stronghold for several feudal warlords including Toyotomi Hideyoshi, the White Heron Castle (the name comes from its white color) is one of Japan's most characteristic sights and one that is certainly worth having in your space. And now you can, using the wood veneers in the Himeji Castle Wooden Collage Set!
A combination of puzzle and handicraft, the Himeji Castle Wooden Collage Art Kit contains all the materials you need to create the image of the iconic castle. You just need to provide a precision cutter, a pair or tweezers, a pair of scissors, and some glue. The pieces are printed on various types of Japanese wood (Japanese cedar, cypress, and hop-hornbeam, plus yellow cedar, pine, and more) and you can set them at different heights using the cardboard pieces provided for a 3D, A4-sized spectacular image of Himeji Castle.
Specs and Features:
- Dimensions (completed): A4, 297 x 210 mm (11.7 x 8.2?)
- Time needed to complete: approx. 8 hours
- Materials: Japanese cedar, Japanese cypress, Japanese hop-hornbeam, Japanese horse chestnut, yellow cedar, pine, cherry, zelkova, cardboard
- Tools needed: precision cutter, scissors, tweezers, glue
- Basic 333 x 425 mm (13.1 x 16.7") frame included