Devised around 500 years ago, kintsugi is one of those amazing Japanese crafts that has both a practical and artistic dimension. The basic concept is that you repair a broken pottery item using traditional urushi lacquer mixed with gold or silver powder. You don't try to hide the damage but make it a feature of the item. Sounds intriguing? With the Hariyo Kintsugi Beginners Set, you can see for yourself that it actually is an amazing craft that can produce exceptionally beautiful results!
The Hariyo Kintsugi Beginners Set contains everything you need to take your first repair job from start to finish, including the urushi lacquer itself, the vinyl gloves that allow you to handle it safely, the spatulas to spread it around the crack you are repairing, and the abrasive paper that will let you make it even. And of course, the gold powder that gives the craft its name.
Specs and Features:
- Great starter set for beginners to kintsugi
- Includes: urushi lacquer, paper, wood, cotton, bamboo, glass bottles, linen, silk, plastic
- Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 8.5 cm (7 x 7 x 3.3")
- Weight: approx. 380 g (13.4 oz)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese