In some ways, the Gold Foil Sushi Clock is, if not the most Japanese product, on Japan Trend Shop certainly among the Top 10: it is a clock (together with the Swiss, the Japanese are the world's top timepiece makers), its theme is sushi (probably the one dish of Japanese cuisine everybody knows), it features "food samples" (the amazing food replicas that many Japanese restaurants use to illustrate their menus), it is exquisitely crafted (another trademark of Japanese culture), and it also exudes a certain amount of weirdness!
Despite the weirdness, though, the Gold Foil Sushi Clock is no joke: it is a good clock made with attention to detail and actual gold foil on its face, making it look simultaneously pop and stylish. And it can help you keep your Japanese skills alive since besides the twelve sushi bites (that include all the favorites like maguro tuna, ika squid, sake salmon, and tako octopus), each time position is also marked with the corresponding Japanese number from 1 to 12, and the characters for sushi in the center. A quintessentially Japanese item that no Japan-lover’s home can be without - and a great conversation-starter!
The Gold Foil Sushi Clock features:
- Dimensions: 300 x 300 x 60 mm (11.8 x 11.8 x 2.3")
- Weight: 1.28 kg (2.8 lbs)
- Materials (sushi pieces): ATBC-PVC, ABS
- Batteries: AA x 1
- Sushi types: salmon roe warship roll, herring roe, horse mackerel, tuna, octopus, cold water prawn, sea urchin warship roll, omelet, salmon, medium fatty tuna, squid, shrimp
- Includes display stand
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)
- Made in Japan