There are literally countless reasons to visit Tokyo but for the fans of My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, or Spirited Away, the first is certainly a visit to the Ghibli Museum in the city of Mitaka in western Tokyo. And while the museum shop has dozens of items related to Hayao Miyazaki's films, if you're looking for something that can't be found anywhere else and that really has "Ghibli Museum" stamped on it, the Ghibli Museum Pen is quite literally that!
The Ghibli Museum Pen is made of PEFC-certified wood (incense cedar) and has a ballpoint diameter of 0.5 mm (0.02"), which makes it perfect for both everyday use and more precise or calligraphic writing. It comes with black ink of the gel type that leaks far less than the regular, liquid type of ink and you can turn the box into a practical, cylindrical stand. As for the Ghibli Museum part, the name is there in chic golden lettering all over the pen's green body – mixed with a few familiar faces like Totoro and the Catbus!
Specs and Features:
- Official Ghibli Museum merchandise
- Collaboration with Penon pen manufacturer
- Ink color: black (gel type)
- Dimensions: approx. 126.5 x 7.7 mm (5 x 0.3")
- Ballpoint diameter: 0.5 mm (0.02")
- Weight: approx. 7 g (0.24")
- Materials: PEFC-certified wood (incense cedar), stainless steel, polypropylene, brass
- Comes with DIY corrugated cardboard stand
- Made in Japan