Every sake aficionado knows that to enjoy sake you need the traditional tokkuri bottle that preserves the drink's aromas and lets them out in the perfect way so the drinkers can enjoy it with all their senses. So the craftsmen of Osaka Suzuki who created this set knew they wouldn't mess with the shape. What they did do, though, was use a material they've been working for over one century: tin. And that's who the gekka Tin Sake Set was born!
Combining the classic lines of the tokkuri and with the modern and post-modern look of tin in two exquisite finishes (silver matte, which is better for cold sake, or silver luster with a bamboo neck wrapping, making it more suitable for hot sake) and adding a more contemporary design to their choko cups, the gekka Tin Sake Set is one more of those many superb examples of tradition-meets-innovation that have made Japan famous. Warm or cold, dry or sweet, cheap or expensive, any Japanese sake served in this Design for Asia Silver Award-winning set will be taste better. If you are serious about your sake, you need it!
The gekka Tin Sake Set features:
- One tokkuri bottle and two choko cups set
- Color: silver
- Version: matte (better for cold sake), luster (with bamboo neck wrapping - more suitable for hot sake)
- Dimensions: tokkuri bottle 59 x 59 x 270 mm (2.3 x 2.3 x 10.6"), choko cup 50 x 50 x 75 mm (1.9 x 1.9 x 2.9")
- Weight: tokkuri bottle 400g (14 oz), choko cup 135g (4.7 oz)
- Capacity: tokkuri bottle 230 ml (7.8 ml), choko cup 60 ml (2 fl oz)
- Paulownia box
- Made of 97% tin
- Winner of the 2011 Design for Asia Silver Award