The Gakken Otona no Kagaku Toy Record Maker is another self-assembly kit that makes science and technology fun. Even better, it's also musical! Join the vinyl boom sweeping the world again with this DIY kit that takes its cue from the fab lab craze. Created in partnership with internationally renowned designer Yuri Suzuki, this gadget allows you to create your very own records with several minutes' worth of audio each. Just hook up your smartphone to the kit and get started. It's a mini vinyl cutting machine and player all in one!
The Gakken Otona no Kagaku Toy Record Maker features:
- Made in collaboration with designer Yuri Suzuki
- Requires some self-assembly
- Suggested assembly time: approx. 60 min.
- Cutting machine and player
- Record/playback functions
- Records can record 3-4 minutes of audio (varies per rpm)
- Recordable on both A and B sides of the record
- 33/45 rpm
- Dimensions (assembled): 19 x 16 x 15 cm (7.5 x 6.3 x 5.9")
- Weighty (assembled): 570 g (20 oz)
- Comes with an issue of Otona no Kagaku magazine (Japanese only)
- Set includes record maker, 10 5-inch vinyl records (black and white), 2 cutting needles, record player arm, USB cable, 3.5 mm mini plug, EP adapter
- Assembly instructions: Japanese