If you lived through the 1970s, it seems a lifetime has passed since the days when Polaroid revolutionized photography, allowing people to see the picture they had just shot appear magically in front of their eyes on the special paper that the camera itself printed. And they're right: it was a lifetime ago and this is why later generations of kids who didn't live through the Polaroid craze see instant cameras as something new and exciting, and worth exploring through gadgets like the Fujifilm Instax Square SQ40 Camera, which is a major upgrade from your regular smartphone camera!
Other than instantly developing the pictures (which has actually more to do with Fujifilm's Instax Square Instant Film), the Fujifilm Instax Square SQ40 Camera has little in common with those old Polaroid cameras of the 1970s. It features a two-component, two-element 65.75 mm lens with a maximum aperture of f1:12.6 that allows it to take great pictures even when light is minimal. It can shoot everything from selfies to landscapes with speeds from 1/2 to 1/400 of a second, and it comes with two packs of 10-sheet Instax Square Instant Film (10 sheets each), plus an Instax Upp! App, allowing you to instantly digitize your 62 x 62 mm (2.4 x 2.4") pictures.
Specs and Features:
- Photo dimensions: 62 x 62 mm (2.4 x 2.4")
- Lens: 2 components, 2 elements, 65.75 mm, f1:12.6
- Viewfinder: reverse Galilean finder, 0.4x, with target spot
- Shooting range: 30 cm (1 ft) and beyond (selfie mode, 30-50 cm / 1-1.6 ft)
- Shutter: programmed electronic 1/2-1/400 sec.
- Film development time: approx. 90 sec.
- Flash: constant firing
- Auto-off timer: 5 min.
- Use with Instax Up! app for Android and iOS
- Includes 2 packs (10 sheets each) of Instax Square Instant Films
- Optional black synthetic leather 8.5 x 16 x 16.5 cm (3.3 x 6.3 x 6.5") case
- Optional extra pack of Instax Square Instant Film (square format, 10 sheets)
- Dimensions: 134.2 x 120.2 x 60.5 mm (5.3 x 4.7 x 2.4")
- Weight: 453 g (1 lb)
- Power: 2 CR2 lithium batteries
- Battery life: approx. 30 Instax Square film packs
- Instructions/manual: Japanese