Every year, around November, gift shops all around Japan fill their displays with images of the next year's eto (zodiac animal) in every conceivable shape or form. These images are bought in huge numbers and get used in homes and businesses as good fortune talismans, remaining on display until the next November. But what happens if you like all the animals and want to demonstrate them as a set? The Eto Japanese Zodiac Animal Wooden Dolls ar the practical and stylish answer!
Created by one of Japan's top wooden doll makers, Usaburo Kokeshi from Gunma Prefecture, the Eto Japanese Zodiac Animal Wooden Dolls are made of 12 round 50 x 58 mm (2 x 2.3") dolls, each with the corresponding zodiac animal's characteristics painted on it. The material is dogwood, the wood Usaburo uses for its traditional kokeshi dolls. Together with the 12 animals, you also get a cushion and gold screen, giving your display of the year's animal the pomp it deserves!
Specs and Features:
- Contains 12 animal dolls, cushion, screen
- Animals: rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, wild boar
- Dimensions (doll): approx. 50 x 58 mm (2 x 2.3")
- Dimensions (cushion): approx. 80 x 80 mm (3.1 x 3.1")
- Dimensions (screen): approx. 100 x 180 mm (3.9 x 7.1")
- Material: dogwood
- Made by famous Gunma Prefecture doll maker Usaburo Kokeshi