Robots have been part of Japan's image for decades and for good reason, too: the country's automobile industries were among the first to use them and the Japanese have developed something like a fixation on them. The Elekit MR-9105 Hydraulic Robot Arm is further proof of this fixation: with just a couple of simple tools like a screwdriver and a pair of scissors, you can create a genuine robotic arm like those found in Japan's factories and control it to perform a variety of tasks.
Even better, everything is done by hydraulic pressure, so if you always wanted to see how such systems work (or explain them to your children), this model is an ideal way to learn or teach while showing and trying something hands-on. Have fun building the robot kit and even more fun using its pinch or suction to move stuff around.
The Elekit MR-9105 Hydraulic Robot Arm features:
- Dimensions: 242 x 415 x 525 mm (9.5 x 16.3 x 20.6")
- Weight: approx. 660 g (23 oz)
- Maximum lifting load: approx. 50 g (1.7 oz)
- Time to assemble: 5-6 hours
- Tools needed: Philips screwdriver, nippers, scissors, marker pen, ruler, measure cup, water
- No battery required
- Suitable for ages 10 and above
- Instructions: Japanese