Steampunk has its fair share of its fans in Japan, as do trains, including old-fashioned steam locomotives. If you put these together, you get something like the Elekit Miston Robot Kit. If you have a child at least 10 years old (this is what the maker suggests) who likes trains, machines, and robots, or if you're a steampunk fan yourself, this is a great project for a Sunday morning!
The Elekit Miston Robot Kit allows you and your children to build not one but two train-themed robots, one running on wheels and one walking. The pieces are all in the set but you need some simple tools like a Philips screwdriver and pair of nippers (also four AAA batteries to bring the robots to life). And to make the steam engines look realistic, this robot comes with a special part that turns water into mist – like the smoke that would come out from a steam engine's chimney!
Specs and Features:
- Dimensions (locomotive mode): approx. 105 x 140 x 155 mm (4.1 x 5.5 x 6.1")
- Dimensions (walking mode): approx. 150 x 120 x 165 mm (5.9 x 4.7 x 6.5")
- Weight (locomotive mode): approx. 160 g (5.6 oz)
- Weight (walking mode): approx. 190 g (6.7 oz)
- Tools needed: Philips screwdriver, nippers
- Power: 4 AAA batteries (not included)
- For ages: 10 years and over
- Instructions/manual: Japanese