A masu is a square wooden box used traditionally for measuring out rice. Today people use a masu for drinking Japanese sake or just for decoration. And here is another practical use: the Diatomaceous Earth Masu replaces the standard hinoki wood with keisodo earth from Akita Prefecture that is highly absorbent. Simply place some white rice in the masu and then leave it somewhere in your home. The box will help keep the climate in your room cool in a fully organic and minimal way.
The Diatomaceous Earth Masu Natural Humidity Control Rice Box features:
- Made from highly absorbent diatomaceous earth from Akita Prefecture
- Rice not included (please use your own)
- Use with white rice for best results, though also suitable for coffee beans, tea leaves, etc.
- Size: around 80 x 80 x 56mm (3 x 3 x 2")
- Weight: around 240g (8.5 oz)
- Made in Japan
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)