Ah, Japan, land of trains! From old steam locomotives to magnetic levitation futuristic marvels, thousands of trains are crisscrossing the Japanese islands every day via one of the most complicated railroad networks on the planet. If you ever wanted to see what it feels to drive one (or even several) of them, the Densha De Go!control stand simulator series by Taito has been the standard for 20 years and our Densha De Go! Plug and Play is its latest incarnation for home enjoyment. What’s more, its a full-fledged console with no extra software needed: as the name says you just plug it and play!
Connect it via HDMI to your TV and get instantly transported to Tokyo, Kyoto or the Japanese countryside driving one of over two dozen different models of trains, from sleeper trains to shinkansen (bullet trains). What you'll see on your TV is what you would actually see as you would be driving the Yamanote Line into Akihabara or Shibuya, or the Kyoto Line into Shin-Osaka, complete with the genuine announcement sounds of each station. After the simulations the train companies use for training staff, the Densha De Go! Plug and Play is the next best thing!
The Densha De Go! Plug and Play Train Driving Simulator features:
- Resolution: 720p
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Console size: 250 x 148 x 125.5mm (9.8 x 5.8 x 4.9")
- Video output: HDMI (type A)
- Audio output: HDMI linear PCM
- Power: USB (micro B)
- Includes HDMI, USB cable
- Two play modes (Normal, Enjoy)
- Trains features: 103, 201, 205, 207, 209, 223, E231, E257, NEX 253, 281, 485, 681 Series, E2 and E4 Max Yamabiko series shinkansen (bullet train), Class EF66 Akatsuki and Suisei sleeper trains
- Interface: partially in English
- Instructions: Japanese