The Dashi Pot is a simple way to make Japanese soup and cooking stock, one of the secrets of Japanese cuisine. Just add water and one of the three included packs of flakes (katsuobushi dried bonito and two other flavors), heat up the pot in the microwave, remove the filter, and then you have an ample supply of genuine dashi stock for use with a range of home dishes like noodles broths and soups. Bring the wonder of savory umami into your kitchen.
The Dashi Pot Instant Japanese Cooking Stock features:
- Use with 600 ml (20 fl oz) of water and one pack of flakes to make approx. 550 ml (19 fl oz) of dashi
- Includes flake packs x 3 in different flavors/ingredients (katsuobushi dried bonito flakes, katsuobushi and konbu dried kemp, skipjack tuna and mackerel flakes)
- Ingredients are made in Japan
- Heat-resistant glass
- Measuring cup/jug not included
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)