We've all seen and laughed our way through the movie "Ted" and now here is the Japanese equivalent! The Cocolo Bear by Cube Works has a smartphone at its heart - literally. They say that the current generation of kids are digital natives and this is certainly a test of how true that is, taking the classic cuddly bear toy and integrating a handheld device into it so the bear can talk and be controlled by an iPhone or Android handset.
You can record a voice message for the Cocolo Bear to "say", plus there is an alarm clock function and the bear can even be used with your phone when you get a call so the person on the other line appears to be talking through Cocolo! First choose which color you want (beige or brown) and then download the Cocolo Bear app from the App Store or Google Play. On the app there are also a total of thirty different bear characters to play with and around 570 phrases.
The Cocolo Bear features:
- Color: beige or brown
- Use Cocolo Bear app from App Store/Google Play (search using Japanese "ココロベア")
- OS: iOS 4.3 and over, Android 2.2 and over
- 30 bear characters
- 570 phrases
- Fits smartphone devices of the following size: 133 x 70 x 15.6mm (5.2 x 2.8 x 0.6") (3.5mm stereo plug)
- Talking language: Japanese
- Instructions: Japanese only