Sounds like a novel concept but sous vide (slow cooking in lower temperatures in the 55-70°C/130-158°F range) goes way back to the early 19th century. Of course, it went through different phases over the years and, especially after the invention of plastic bags, it became much more commonplace. In countries like Japan, people are always looking for new ways to explore food, particularly if combined with things that make life easier, hence the Bruno Compact Sous Vide Cooker!
Just 50 x 280 x 90 mm (2 x 11 x 3.5") and with a very simple interface for just setting the time, it stays hot (from one minute to 99 hours and 59 minutes in one-minute steps), the Bruno Compact Sous Vide Cooker helps you do low-temperature cooking at a level of perfection of using any of your current pots. It can warm up to 15 liters (31.7 US pints) of water, and you only need to submerge it for 10 cm (3.9"). Oh, and it's very easy to clean and store too!
Specs and Features:
- Colors: greige, light green
- Heating time setting: 1 min. to 99 hours and 59 mins. (in single-minute steps)
- Maximum warming capacity: 15 liters (31.7 US pints)
- Minimum depth: 10 cm (3.9")
- Minimum vessel bore: 16 cm (6.3")
- Dimensions: 50 x 280 x 90 mm (2 x 11 x 3.5")
- Weight: approx. 990 g (2.2 lbs)
- Power consumption: 1,000 W
- Power cord length: 1.5 m (4.9 ft)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese