Cats and dogs aren't the only pets: birds and hamsters are also very common in Japan and people try to offer them the luxuries they give other pets – and also themselves. And since in Japan, bathing is a culture in and of itself, birds (and also hamsters) have their own baths, designed like a regular (and retro) sento public bathhouse like those you used to find in every Tokyo neighborhood. Yes, we mean the Bird Sento Bath!
If you have ever been to a sento, you will immediately recognize the signs: the Mount Fuji mural, the blue-green tiles, the yellow stools, and buckets. They are all available in the Bird Sento Bath, made of paper (except the bathtub, which is made of polypropylene so it can hold water) and built to scale so when your parakeet (or hamster) decides to take a bath, it looks completely natural. And, of course, will give you some amazing shots for your social media accounts!
Specs and Features:
- Comes with wall and floor panel, bathtub, 2 bath stools, 6 bath buckets
- Panel dimensions: approx. 21 x 30 x 21 cm (6 x 11.8 x 6")
- Bathtub dimensions: approx. 7.5 x 13.5 x 3.5 cm (3 x 5.3 x 1.4")
- Materials: paper, polypropylene
- Special order: please allow 1-2 months for delivery
- Made in Japan