Monocle magazine has praised Tokyo-based Balmuda for turning everyday items like toasters and fans into objects of desire and perhaps there is no better example of this among the company's lineup than its kettle. Being the first kitchen appliance to follow its amazingly successful The Toaster, Balmuda The Pot is the proof that even a device that performs the most basic task (boiling water) can become an item with real personality and style without losing any of its key functionality – and actually improving upon it!
Starting from the beautiful textured black or white exterior and moving on to its handle that sits perfectly in your hand, and its nozzle, whose curves have been specially designed for making pouring more comfortable (a must if you are making hand-drip coffee), the Balmuda The Pot is your last stop in the search for the perfect kettle. If you're looking for one more design twist, you'll find it in the indication lamp that sits at the end of the handle, making it visible from any angle. Turn boiling and pouring 600 ml (20.3 fl oz) of water into a unique experience with this stunning home appliance!
Specs and Features:
- Colors: black, white
- Safety functions: boiling-when-empty prevention, automatic power off
- Capacity: 600 ml (20.3 fl oz)
- Dimensions (pot only): 269 x 128 x 170 mm (10.6 x 5 x 6.7")
- Dimensions (with base): 269 x 142 x 194 mm (10.6 x 5.6 x 7.6")
- Weight (pot only): approx. 600 g (1.3 lbs)
- Weight (base only): approx. 300 g (10.6 oz)
- Materials: stainless steel, plastic
- Boiling time (200 ml, 6.8 fl oz): approx. 1.5 minutes
- Boiling time (600 ml, 20 fl oz): approx. 3 minutes
- Power voltage: AC 100 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 1,200 W
- Power cord length: 1.3 m (4.3 ft)