Natto, or fermented soybeans, is the most controversial item in Japanese cuisine: most non-Japanese (as well as many Japanese) think of it as completely unfit for human consumption because of its strong smell and stickiness, while most Japanese (as well as a few brave non-Japanese) consider it a super-food mostly thanks to its high levels of protein and other nutrients, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamins B6, B2, C, E, and K, iron, and dietary fiber. If you want to add natto's benefits to your diet, but find the taste and smell off-putting, the Asahimatsu Freeze-dried Natto is the way to do it!
The Asahimatsu Freeze-dried Natto comes as two types with the beans either whole or crushed, and then dried to ensure they lose their stickiness and some of their distinctive smell. In essence, they become something like crushed nuts or sesame that you can sprinkle on anything from salads to pasta, stews, or just plain toast. Boost the nutritional value of anything on your table with this very characteristic Japanese flavor brought to you in the most convenient way!
Specs and Features:
- 10 bags
- Options: whole (blue pack), crushed (red pack)
- Weight/pack: whole type 30 g (1 oz), crushed type 25 g (0.9 oz)
- Dimensions: 18 x 12 x 12.5 cm (7 x 4.7 x 4.9")
- Ingredients: non-genetically modified soybeans, natto bacteria
- Produced in Nagano Prefecture
- Energy/bag: 141/122 kcal
- Protein/bag: 11.3/10.5 g (0.4/0.37 oz)
- Fats/bag: 8.3/7.3 g (0.3/0.25 oz)
- Carbohydrates/bag: 8.6/5.6 g (0.3/0.19 oz)
- Sugar/bag: 2.1/1.6 g (0.07/0.05 oz)
- Fibers/bag: 6.5/3.9 g (0.22/0.13 oz)